2012 Award Winner
Visionary Leader Award
Applications are due January 31, 2013.
Deadline Extended: February 8, 2013
The Visionary Leader Award is presented to an HRMAM member who has
clearly and measurably demonstrated through a key initiative, program,
or project that the linkage between Human Resources and organizational
objectives can have an exceptional and profound impact on organizational
HRMAM member in good standing
- In the HR profession a minimum of eight (8) years
- Physically located within an organization based in Manitoba
- Previous award recipients in this award category are not eligible to apply for a second award in this category
Impact and Beyond – Leadership influence and/or initiatives have significant impact on, but not limited to, local operations within Manitoba.
Builder – Builds relationships with all s/he interacts with on the basis of
trust, respect and mutual collaboration within his/her own organization, the HR
profession and/or his/her community.
Acumen – Demonstrates a good understanding of business principles and how to
align HR to the strategic business plan.
Learner – Proactively seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to
improve his/her own and others’ performance and learning.
– Effectively ensures that HR programs, goals, and activities are focused on
having the greatest impact on the overall business goals.
Responsibility – Demonstrated insight into the impact of decisions and
operations on the well-being of employees and other stakeholders.
and Integrity – Provides advice and support for values, practices, and policies
that sustain ethical and legal business practices.
– Demonstrates courage when adapting HR responses to a shifting focus, scope,
scale or complexity of organizational demands.
– Provides ongoing advice, feedback, and coaching that serves to inspire team
members and organizational leaders toward effective HR programs and services.
– Creates and communications a vision for HR within the organization that
inspires and aligns the workforce with overall business goals and objectives.
- Awarded to one individual per year and will be assigned if the selection committee deems an applicant is worthy
- The Awards Evaluation Committee may contact nominees for clarification of details contained in their application
- Please provide the nominee's professional biography (300 word count maximum) to be used for publicity purposes
- You must use Internet Explorer 8 or Mozilla Firefox to view the online application form
- In order to add, change, or return to your application form you must continue to use the same computer
- Ensure you have strictly adhered to all maximum word counts
- This application accepts text only - you cannot use formatting such as bullets, bolding, underlining, etc
- No supplementary/supporting materials may be submitted; this application is the sole document that will be evaluated
- These documents must be submitted by January 31 or your application will be considered void
For more information, please contact:*
*Your inquiry may be forwarded to a volunteer from HRMAM's Awards Gala Nominations Subcommittee.